Dr. Fitness and the Fat Guy Weight Loss Radio

Giving You The Skinny On How To Lose Weight. Please visit us at www.drfitnessandthefatguy.com!

Monday, November 27, 2006

"Gym Grunter" and "Dr. Fitness and the Fat Guy" Take on The Gym Industry

There goes our multi-million dollar endorsement deal with LA Fitness!!!! My co-host, "The Fat Guy," has a new website called www.GymsAreARipOff.com We recently discussed how gyms try to take advantage of the sendentary population with Al Argibay who is the gentlemen thrown out of Planet Fitness for grunting too loud while lifting weights. His story caught the front page of the New York Times last week and a week later he is appearing on Dr. Fitness and the Fat Guy." check out his story at www.boycottplanetfitness.com and thanks to "The Fat Guy," I won't be doing any guest appearances at Gold's gym and Bally's any time soon. The price of being a co-host!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's totally crazy! I'm a member at 24 Hour Fitness (mostly in the western U.S.) and I hear grunters all the time. I wish they would keep it down, but wouldn't want them kicked out for it. I go to the gym to work out, build muscle, and get fit.

And no water bottles unless you buy from them? Absurd, and certainly NOT a rule at my gym. Thankfully, they do sell water for when I forget my bottle. :)

And no "lunk alarms" at my gym. :)

So don't tar all gyms as bad because Planet Fitness has a messed up policy. I love going to the gym and look forward to working out.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Saminall said...

Keep in mind that not everything your read is true. I know this is quite a while after this fact, but this post is for anyone out there who stumbles onto this post. The "grunter" was actually a liar. So right along with "don't tar all gyms.." add in, don't always believe everything you hear from a guy kicked out of ANYTHING as to his side of the story about why it happened. I mean, you gotta be some kinda freak to get kicked out of a gym of all places. This guy was making loud, lewd and rude comments about other gym member, etc. People who have seen the story in the meantime say that Planet Fitness's side of the story sounds a lot more like the Albert Argibay they know than Albert's story does. He's a rude jerk who figured when he got kicked out he go make some money offa it giving all gyms a bad name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home